- The blisters are holding for now!
- The leg looks "1000 times" better than it did yesterday - the swelling is practically gone.
- They are restarting feeds this afternoon and pulling the last IV (hopefully for awhile!)
- His oxygen levels are holding steady - around 40 - 45% (which is what they've been at for many days now. No real backslide so far!
- They are going down on the pressure of the CPAP. This controls the force that the air is entering the lungs, to help with inflating them during the breaths. [To put it in perspective, when he was on the ventilator, he had a pressure setting of around 5. When he moved to CPAP, they put it up to 8. That was the highest setting they would use for someone of his size. He's been at 8 for the past week, but now they are moving it down to 7. Baby steps!]
We are most excited about the CPAP changes. Hopefully this means his lungs are getting stronger. We're heading in for a visit soon and hopefully will have some new pictures for the next post.